Well where do I start?
- Been real busy with my new Twitch channel (GinStB) and having fun with that. Plus I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderfully fun and creative people there. We already have a pretty close knit little family of crafty people that get together on my channel 4 days a week and enjoy sharing ideas, crafting and just chatting. We usually have a different project each week that we work on and sometimes maybe two or three projects. The next few weeks are working on Junk Journals, clusters, paperclip clusters, book page envelopes, pocket journals, ephemera, etc..
- Working on getting my craft room organized – that I have found is a never ending process.
- Husband started a new job so we have all been adjusting to his new schedule and getting our routine going around that. Hubby loves his new job, it is totally out of his comfort zone and a job he never thought that he would want to do but he has settled into it quite well and actually is doing really good.
- Takara is still being fed every two to three hours and is doing really well with her boiled chicken all day and a can of kitten food at night with her crunchy food in between meals. It really is amazing how she came from deaths bed literally and has become her old self again. Cats really do have nine lives I believe.
- Jackson is so big yet he still acts like such a baby and we sometimes forget that he really is still a baby, he only turned two in March. He still has his little “pride” of female feral/stray cats that he has to keep an eye on every day. He definitely doesn’t like to be around them when they are eating though, they scare him. Jackson is a big part of my Twitch stream as well because he likes to come in and check out what is going on and quite often just plops himself down right in the middle of what I am working on.
So, there you have it, not much has changed or has been going on around here. I guess there are a few more little things that every day life throws your way that we have been dealing with or have handled over the last few weeks, but nothing really worth mentioning.
There is one question that has been weighing on my mind lately and that is “why is there so much hate in this world?” I know that is an endless/ageless question, meaning it has been asked many times before over the years by many different people. I know the obvious answers – power, jealousy, greed, and color/race – but we are all people, human beings living together on this planet that we are destroying with our hate.
I know I sound naive and I probably am but it just bothers me that people are so ready to judge, jury and prosecute someone else before they even look at themselves. NO ONE is perfect and in my eyes NO ONE is better than anyone else. We all eat, poop and piss the same, (if you are a human being) we are humans no matter your financial status, your skin color, your sex, your career choice, or your age.
In my life time so far I have met people from all walks of life including a Prince (I had dinner in his home), movie stars (lived right next door to many very famous actors and actress’s in my younger years), worked alongside CEO’s of company’s and corporations. I have been a single mother struggling with work/life balance, I have dealt with divorce, death and the loss of a child, I have worked in a factory – fast food – secretary – retail – bar – cosmetology and law enforcement, I lost everything and was homeless on the street. I have overcome many life threatening obstacles/surgeries over the years, and am now diabetic. Through all this and so much more I feel that I have gotten to know some really wonderful PEOPLE, and yes there have been some not so nice people along the way too but it didn’t change how I look at other people or how I treat them. I am a firm believer in “treat others as you would have them treat you”! What if we all really lived by that motto? How wonderful this world would be!?
The reason behind me telling you all the above about myself is because I just wanted you to know that I have been through or experienced a lot in my life so I feel that I can relate to many of you and hopefully you will be able to connect with me in some way. I am not anyone special and I am not the first person to ever to ask the above question nor will I ever be the last.
Life is not easy no matter how much money you have or don’t have. Status doesn’t make you any better than anyone else. Just because you are a parent doesn’t make you an expert. So why do we think that can judge, make fun of, criticize, tease or maliciously hurt someone else. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS..
ALL HUMAN BEINGS HAVE THE RIGHT TO TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM TREAT YOU.
I know that this post may upset some of you and some of you may wonder where all this is coming from or why?! All I can say is if it upset you then you may want to ask yourself, why? I do not apologize for my life or my experiences because they have made me who I am. Nor do I apologize for my beliefs or opinions because my grandfather, my father, my ex-husband and my current husband all fought for my right to express my beliefs and opinions.
Where all this came from is that every time I turn on the news or the computer all I ever see is bombings, murders, child suicides, hit and runs, animal cruelty, parents doing unspeakable things to their children and of course not a day can go by without someone in the K. family being shoved down our throats.
Today what got me most is an article that I read on my computer (not sure how true it is or isn’t) about Pink and her family, and it made me sad. Normally I really don’t pay much attention to celeb. tabloids because I have never been a big “fan” or celeb. chaser. This article hit a chord because I respect Pink and her husband for what they have been doing in sharing their lives, their kids, and her tour on social media with everyone over the years. I myself have enjoyed watching her kids grow up and seeing how talented their daughter has become in both her parents professions (she truly is a girl to watch out for in the future). But the article said that Pink will no longer be posting photos of their kids because of all the negative comments she has gotten over the pictures and people judging her as a parent. She is not the first celeb. to get flack about their parenting skills, and will probably not be the last. Who are we to judge? They are people, human beings just like you and me, yes they are famous and yes they have a lot of money but they still have feelings and they still eat, poop, piss and die just like the rest of us.
Alright I am done with my little rant and I would like to thank you for sticking with me if you made it this far, you really do deserve a gold star!
Have a great rest of your week everyone and be kind to one another!
P.S. the above picture is of the Game of Thrones exploding box card I was commissioned to make before April 12. I got it done a whole week ahead of schedule.